Saturday 23 May 2020

1940's Knitting - Women's Home Fires Jumpers

Re-post due to updated links!

Hello I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!
 Today I am linking to a fabulous post and some fabulous patterns!
The Vintage Pattern Files: Free 1940's Knitting Patterns - Women's Home Fires Jumpers
{Image Source}
If any of you have been watching ITV's wonderful series Home Fires you will no doubt have spotted there is some seriously gorgeous knitwear (I want it all!!) lurking in the costume department. Well the lovely Liza from The Vintage Knitter has done a wonderful job of matching up the knitwear with their original patterns see her post here!!

The Vintage Pattern Files: Free 1940's Knitting Patterns - Women's Home Fires Jumpers

But she has also gone one better than that and is sharing three original vintage patterns from her collection which match those used for the show, so now you knit your very own Home Fires Jumper!

6 comments:

  1. Can't access her blog - its only open to invited readers! So how do I get the patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I cannot get to the post that matches patterns to the Home Fires sweaters. It says I need to be invited. Please help. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I try to go to the Vintage Knitter Blog, it denies any access. How can one be invited to join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Silvina, I have added the file links above, all credit to Lisa at the vintage knitter for sharing the patterns. x

      Delete

This is an ongoing project and I welcome any help or suggestions that you can give, so please feel free to leave a comment or a suggestion for a pattern link, all help will always be credited and very much appreciated :-) Spam will be deleted!